Well...I'm going to have to respectfully disagree about the off
topic entries suggestion...and I do mean with great respect because I love
everyone on this list!

I think we *need* some OT (off topic) things.  I'll tell you why.

When I first joined this list -- there were a number of people who lost
their babies.  It happens sometimes and there are times when it is just one
after another.  Week after week it was emotionally overwhelming to me.  I
almost stopped my subscription to this list because of that very thing. It
was tearing me apart.

I would read about kitties crossing over and it would absolutely rip my
heart to shreds.  I would get so depressed and feel so hopeless.  I was
emotionally exhausted and trying so hard not to feel desparate and hopeless
about taking care of my dear child.

I think we need some OT things here to help lighten everything up a bit...to
share a funny story...to ask a question that might not be related to FeVL+,
etc.

Yes, the focus of this list should be FeVL+ information, treatment,
protocols, experience.  But just as a holistic healer looks at the whole
self...we need to encompass the whole picture of our babies heath and our
own well being.  We are all care givers.  We have to look at the whole
picture of providing what is needed - and keeping our whole selves at our
best so we can provide the very best care.

It helps a lot of have a sense of humor!!!!  Some of the off-topic posts
have been the most precious and just reading that little thing that helped
me laugh and get me back in the right frame of mind.  Like Nina's ninja
dryer pee baby :0)

I have an extremely demanding job as a software engineer - and I really
can't handle being on another list or forum just to discuss off topic
matters.  I do well to try to keep up with this one.

I lost my dear FeVL+ baby earlier this year - but I've learned so much.  I
want to know as much as a can about it and encourage people in my community
that FeVL+ is not a reason to say goodbye to a dear one because they can
live for years and years and have a good quality of life!

I do feed and care for a feral - Zulu - who was captured, nutered, given
shots and released.  He is extremely feral and ellusive..but I try to ensure
he has the very best diet and supplements and plenty of fresh water.  I
can't get within six feet of him (that's with me INSIDE and him outside)

Call me a nut burger...you won't be the first...but I really think that
these FeVL+ babies come to us because we are the ones who are best equipped
care for them.

elizabeth in alabama, phelix, antonio, tiffany, tori, othello, shakiti, and
lexie