Hi Susan

Great link. I always thought that this is what Tiny died from. I did not
have a necropsy done. My poor cat was dead. I even asked a vet the summer
before he died if it was possible he has heartworm. She did not test and
gave him a Revolution treatment like that would take care of his existing
problem. The episode he had that made me take him in was similar to the
episode he had when he died. It was a severe spastic cough that literally
caused him to fall over. Only the second time it happened he turned blue and
that was it. I miss my Tiny. He wound up as one of my FeLV positive cats but
never had the symptoms that Junior did.

The mosquitoes have not been bad this year, but I live on a lake and there
have been years they were terrible. We have also had West Nile here in Va as
well.

Sally

On 8/27/07, Susan Dubose <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  Hi gang,
>
> Funny, we were also discussing heartworms on another list today.
>
> Here is a link that was sent to me, I have not reviewed it, so, let me
> know what you think.
>
> Susan -  Found this website that seems to have loads of cat info on
> heartworm.  The video/animation is pretty cool.
>
> http://www.heartwormsociety.org/article.asp?id=16
>
> Susan J. DuBose  >^..^<
> www.PetGirlsPetsitting.com <http://www.petgirlspetsitting.com/>
> www.Tx.SiameseRescue.org <http://www.tx.siameserescue.org/>
> www.shadowcats.net
>                                   "As Cleopatra lay in state,
>                                    Faithful Bast at her side did wait,
>                                    Purring welcomes of soft applause,
>                                    Ever guarding with sharpened claws."
>                                              Trajan Tennent

Black, Lily, Daisy, Silver, and  Spike  Visit my BB for some pictures post
your as well.