  From: Chris
  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
  Sent: Monday, August 27, 2007 9:05 PM
  Subject: RE: heartworm info

  Actually, following the Katrina debaucle, American Heartworm Association
revised protocol.  Now its 1 shot; wait a month; then 2 shots one day apart.
Also protocol recommends treating with HW Prev meds PRIOR to shots in order to
kill off larvae and make adult HW sterile.  Finally, there is a parasite that
lives inside the HW that it is now recommended be killed by doxyciclin
injections prior to full HW treatment.  These are nasty creatures.

  Problem is that they don’t really have a viable treatment for cats yet.

  Christiane Biagi

  914-632-4672

  Cell:  914-720-6888

  [EMAIL PROTECTED]