Susan, Thank you! I had treated a dog once for
heartworms and until this discussion being opened up
regarding heartworms in cats, had just assumed it
would be about the same thing. I do not like giving my
cats chemicals, each month, unless I might actually
see a flea, for example. I was surprised to discover a
cat cannot be treated for heartworms once infected by
disease, the same as a dog. I did know cat's
resistance was better and had always counted on
that... I guess now, heartworms is becoming another
thing we need to be worrying about for our cats...I'll
be sharing this info. with friends... I do know
heartworm disease in becoming more prevalent every
year in the United States. The dog I dealt with was a
dog I had rescued in Hawaii. He had a bad case. I had
him treated and he became negative. I thought it would
be the same for cats... In Hawaii, because the
incidence of heartworms is so high, I did keep my dog
on preventatives...I would do the same here, for dogs,
on the mainland now, as it is getting so common... I
will now be considering it for my cats next
summer...Thanks, Glenda
--- Susan Dubose <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi gang,
>
> Funny, we were also discussing heartworms on another
> list today.
>
> Here is a link that was sent to me, I have not
> reviewed it, so, let me know what you think.
>
> Susan -  Found this website that seems to have loads
> of cat info on heartworm.  The video/animation is
> pretty cool.
>
> http://www.heartwormsociety.org/article.asp?id=16
>
> Susan J. DuBose  >^..^<
> www.PetGirlsPetsitting.com
> www.Tx.SiameseRescue.org
> www.shadowcats.net
>                                   "As Cleopatra lay
> in state,
>                                    Faithful Bast at
> her side did wait,
>                                    Purring welcomes
> of soft applause,
>                                    Ever guarding
> with sharpened claws."
>                                              Trajan
> Tennent

Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha! Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's updated for
today's economy) at Yahoo! Games.