Sherry,
Thank you for getting back to me and everyone else
here...
I have run across that type of thinking before at a
shelter in Wisconsin...I found it on petfinders.com.
It is called: The Home for Endangered and Lost Pets.
This was during the time I was hunting for
Polydactyls, having a kitty foot fetish, like I do,
was extra horrified. I followed up and complained to
them and directed them to some of the declaw
information sites...I was told they were set on their
beliefs and felt cats were just more adoptable if they
were declawed before being offered for adoption. They
would declaw when the kitty was altered. They were all
excited about the new laser procedure and were led to
believe, by their vet, that it was a kinder way to
perform the operation...The way I understand declawing
it is amputation any way you spell it...The second toe
joint,right ?
It is not like most uninformed people think, just
removing the toenails...It can cause life long pain,
balance problems, low self esteem and can affect the
leg muscles , because kitties cannot exercise their
legs properly...This is what they are doing when they
scratch posts, etc...not just sharpening their
claws...The leg muscles shrivel up in the legs...AND
kitties feel with their toe tips and experience life
examining items, mice, etc.
Oh well, Sherry, just had to mention all these things
for those reading this that have not really looked
into the declawing issues...
Now back to your site. It is beautifully done and the
kitties are stunning...wish I had more room and more
money...Someday a cat lady will win a 3-million $
lottery and watch out! WHY CAN'T PEOPLE LIKE THAT WIN
THE BIG BUCKS ?
 Anyway, now, when you mention a kitty's name, some of
us that are new, like me, can go find him... I can
tell, Crash Landing is seriously a loving place with
obviously the best intentions...Maybe as more people
learn what declawing really is more people will not
opt for declawed kitties and be willing to do a couple
simple things to teach their cat where he is able to
exercise his feet and legs and where he cannot and
pick up a scratcher, some catnip and some kitty
repellent spray...? Thank you again for all you do
Sherry and thank you for answering my questions...A
quick thought on the featured kitty with only one eye:
I think she probably would get too close to the edge
of the litter box and having only one eye, would see
things a bit off center. Try closing one of your eyes
and see what I mean...Just a thought...
 Thank you,
Glenda

Need a vacation? Get great deals