Where is this list???

Really I am so happy to be a member of this list. It is so emotional when
you have a sick kitty or worse yet lose your love one. I at least know I am
doing the best I can with Junior because I joined this list. I am one of
"those" people who if the vet told me I had to put him down from the get go
I probably would have done it. Let me explain, I was already in such an
emotional state because I missed that Pumpkin was sick and lost him. He was
never tested but I assure you from his symptoms the outcome would have been
that he was positive.

Now Lionel came to live with me the same day as Pumpkin about 8 months
before all this transpired. His testing showed FIV and FELV. I do think he
probably contracted the FELV after he came to live here. I am sure based on
his condition when he joined my household that he was already
immunocompromised. But we were able to heal his wound and get rid of his eye
infection without antibiotics. See at that time I could not get into see my
vet because he was short staffed.

Uh where am I going. Not sure. I did wind up PTS Lionel because after the DX
i was not sure where I was to keep 3 sick kitties and 8 negative kitties. I
should day 2 FELV cats, one FELV/FIV cat and 7 negative cats. I have a small
place. Like I said emotional issues. One does not always make the right
decision. This group has helped guide me since I joined.

I miss the ones who left, but the new folks also bring new perspectives.

Thanks

Sally

On 9/26/07, catatonya <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I think those of you who have reconvened on another list are needed here
> to educate those who don't know as much as you do.
> tonya
>
> *MaryChristine <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>* wrote:
>
> EXACTLY, KEL, WHICH IS WHY SO MANY OF US WHO REALLY KNOW ABOUT FELV AND
> FIV HAVE LEFT THIS LIST AND RECONVENED ELSEWHERE--WHERE VALUES AND GOOD
> INFORMATION AND LOVING SUPPORT ARE THE VALUES.
>
> On 9/25/07, Kelley Saveika <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > I absolutely think it is important we all decide who to support,
> > according to our values:)
> >
> > On 9/25/07, Susan Dubose <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > Well, I know several people /groups that are "well regarded" in the
> > rescue
> > > world, and they have LOTS of dirty laundry,to say the least, @ best.
> > >
> > > And the only thing that keeps me from getting involved  in their mess
> > is the
> > > fact that cats would confiscated & die.
> > >
> > > I am working on about 3 separate  incidences right now, as I speak.
> > >
> > > I don't support "hack" rescue work nor "hack" vets.
> > >

> > > Susan J. DuBose  >^..^<
> > > www.PetGirlsPetsitting.com <http://www.petgirlspetsitting.com/>
> > > www.Tx.SiameseRescue.org <http://www.tx.siameserescue.org/>
> > > www.shadowcats.net
> > >                                  "As Cleopatra lay in state,
> > >                                   Faithful Bast at her side did wait,
> > >                                   Purring welcomes of soft applause,
> > >                                   Ever guarding with sharpened claws."
> > >                                             Trajan Tennent

Black, Lily, Daisy, Silver, and  Spike  Visit my BB for some pictures post
your as well.