Please can we all work together? The kitties come first, imho. We need the
benefit of everyone's wisdom, if you are willing.
Laurie
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Sally Davis
  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
  Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2007 7:03 AM
  Subject: Re: new list

  Where is this list???

  Really I am so happy to be a member of this list. It is so emotional when you
have a sick kitty or worse yet lose your love one. I at least know I am doing
the best I can with Junior because I joined this list. I am one of "those"
people who if the vet told me I had to put him down from the get go I probably
would have done it. Let me explain, I was already in such an emotional state
because I missed that Pumpkin was sick and lost him. He was never tested but I
assure you from his symptoms the outcome would have been that he was positive.

  Now Lionel came to live with me the same day as Pumpkin about 8 months before
all this transpired. His testing showed FIV and FELV. I do think he probably
contracted the FELV after he came to live here. I am sure based on his
condition when he joined my household that he was already immunocompromised.
But we were able to heal his wound and get rid of his eye infection without
antibiotics. See at that time I could not get into see my vet because he was
short staffed.

  Uh where am I going. Not sure. I did wind up PTS Lionel because after the DX
i was not sure where I was to keep 3 sick kitties and 8 negative kitties. I
should day 2 FELV cats, one FELV/FIV cat and 7 negative cats. I have a small
place. Like I said emotional issues. One does not always make the right
decision. This group has helped guide me since I joined.

  I miss the ones who left, but the new folks also bring new perspectives.

  Thanks

  Sally