I've asked her about 'taking him to the back' to get blood, etc.... things I'd
rather have done in the exam. room.  She says she does it with her own cats,
and that it's a legal thing, and a personal thing.  She says she is not her own
cats' vet and lets another vet be their vet because they can be more objective
and that she doesn't even go in with her own cats for procedures.  She says she
doesn't even let her friends do this either........ It's just her policy.

  The problem is that I DO like this vet.  She seems very concerned, very
thorough, etc.... As I said she totally changed the dx from my 'new' vet that I
got stuck with.  I have much more confidence in her than my previous clinic.

  I have a student in my class whose father is a vet.  I'm thinking about
checking out his clinic as well......

Marylyn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
          Thoughts:  vets who see more than one type of animal may be more open
to ideas.........."well, cats don't normally get this but dogs do and possibly
this cat picked it up in a 1 in 1000 chance"

  Declawing is a volatile but personal issue and may not be a black and white
issue.  Perhaps it is better to have a really good vet do it and a good follow
up than to have a vet who isn't so good totally screw it up.

  I really have an issue with people who won't let me stay with my little
friend.  Maybe you can explain this to the vet and work something out?

  Frankly, if I had bad feelings about a vet and had an option I would take the
option.  You may hate yourself if you don't.

                                                   If you have men who will
exclude any of God's creatures
                                                 from the shelter of compassion
and pity, you will have men who