  From: catatonya
  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
  Sent: Sunday, September 30, 2007 8:26 AM
  Subject: Re: choosing a vet -OT

  I feel like the barking of dogs traumatizes the cats when they're already
upset about going to the vet anyway. Especially if they have to be left there
for any length of time with dogs barking.... I just wondered if any of you felt
the same about cat only clinics........

  Kelley Saveika <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
    1. No importance.
    2. No importance.
    3. Very important, I have actually never had a vet that did this, I
    was always welcome to be in the room with the cat. My current vet
    does temp and weight in the back and that's about it.

    On 9/28/07, catatonya wrote:
    > How important is it to you when looking for a vet that it be
    >
    > 1- a cat only clinic
    > 2-doesn't declaw
    > 3 doesn't take your cat 'to the back' to do everything?
    >
    > That is what I had and lost. When Bob got sick last week I took off the
    > morning to call and get him in and there was no doctor coming in at all
    > until 2:00. So I tried this highly recommended new vet I'm seeing and she
    > seems very knowledgeable and thorough, but doesn't meet any of those
    > criteria. She is far away, but they are open until 9:00 every night and
    > Saturday and Sunday. That would keep me out of the emergency vets whom I
    > hate..........
    >
    > I'm just at a loss as to what to do. I don't know of any other vets in my
    > area that don't declaw. The new vet at my old vet's office was required
not
    > to do it as part of the sale of the practice. But she just does not seem
    > good at all, she does everything in the back as well....thus wondering if
    > should put up with these things and use this new vet I feel is very
    > knowledgeable or keep looking. And I have been looking and looking. :(
    > tonya

    http://www.rescuties.org

    http://astore.amazon.com/rescuties-20

    Please help George!