I believe this person is referring to feline recombinant interferon. That looks like the protocol that is recommended for treating FeLV+ with Virbagen Omega. I'm wrestling with similar concerns, but we haven't even tried the stuff yet. Ember is in good shape right now, and I worry that giving her the VO might rock the boat. I'll have to figure it out in the next few months, as it expires in June or July, I think.

*****WARNING THIS IS NOT A VET'S OPINION!!!*****

I think I'd hold off on giving the stuff until at least a year from the prior dose (ie February). Were I in this person's shoes, I'd probably just try to sell the VO to someone who needs it for a symptomatic FeLV+ kitty. Sadly, we don't know enough about VO and how well it treats the virus.

*****WARNING THIS WAS NOT A VET'S OPINION!!!*****

I really need to get in touch with a European vet to see what they're doing over there. Very few folks in the States seem to have experience with VO.

Hopefully, something in my response was at least vaguely helpful.

Lance