On the other hand, I now have 2 FELV cats that are over 10, and 1 that's 4-5. Go figure. They were over the magic age of 3 when I got them, so it's nothing I've done that's kept them going...

Good luck,

Gloria

On Nov 14, 2007, at 5:26 PM, gary wrote:

First time I've ever heard of that protocol. Mostly I've heard 7 days on and seven days off because they can develop an immunity to the human interferon alpha.

Can't see why it would harm a diabetic cat. However, that's just a guess on my part.

Gary
----- Original Message -----
From: Belinda Sauro
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2007 9:12 AM
Subject: Interferon Question

Got this from a friend, anyone know or heard anything about this??

I have a feline interferon question. If you don't know the answer, would you mind asking the group? I followed the prophylactic regimen recommended in studies for asymptomatic felv+ cats, which is every day for five days in three runs starting the 1st, 14th, and 60th days. This regimen in studies seems to double cats' chances of being alive a year later. I gave it to Patches this past February. I have another batch of feline interferon and am wondering when to give it to her again. None of the studies I have say anything about repeating it, or when to do so. Do you know? Also, I can't find anything on whether it is ok to give to diabetic cats. Any idea?