Ah, but you *are* his angel, whether he realizes or not. It's such a
blessing this little furball met you, Caroline.

  _____

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Caroline
Kaufmann
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2008 2:46 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: RE: OT: sick 6 mo kitten follow-up

Thanks- I will do so tonight when I get home.

I did talk with the holistic vet again and she said when she saw the
eye, she thought it reminded her of the scarring that can occur on a
kitten's eye from reoccurring/untreated URI's-- all of which he did
have, that came and went repeatedly, while the poor thing lingered in a
condo and I just didn't get to him fast enough (b/c there were other
kittens at the time languishing with things that seemed more serious
that I needed to take in 1st).  So, I understand now why she didn't
think we needed to put anything in it- b/c she thought it was permanent
damage (which is what I was hoping I would be in time to stop/prevent).
She said if it was scarring like she initially thought, I wouldn't be
seeing more cloudy spots.  So she asked if he was having discharge and
told me what to give him based on that.  But he really doesn't have a
discharge other than crusty brown that he has from both eyes (the
healthy one too).  He does not have green/yellow/white discharge, or
even excessive brown discharge from this eye.  So I asked her a
follow-up ? based on that and I'm waiting to hear back.

I have to give his eye a good look tonight and try to really determine
if things have changed with it.  He so squirmy with me right now.  He
looks like a sack of bones and yet, he's so strong when he wants to
squirm away.  And he definitely doesn't see me as his "angel" because he
runs away from me everytime he sees me!  He thinks of me as the
treatment monster!
caroline

  _____