  From: Lynne
  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
  Sent: Sunday, February 24, 2008 12:05 PM
  Subject: another 75 cc

  Well we're home again.  BooBoo had another 75ccs taken out of his lungs
today.  Not only did his regular vet come in to see him, a third vet was there.
 BooBoo has become quite the celebrity.  They're now sending a sample for
culturing and cytology to see if there are any cancer cells present.  Nothing
is going well for us.  However, when he got home he ate a big lunch and we put
him to bed with the window open for fresh air and he was purring like crazy.
He's now on another antibiotic and will continue on the lasix for another week.
 Both the vets kissed him on top of his little head before we left.  This third
vet was very kind, the other two are as well but this one told us lets see what
we're dealing with when the cytology report comes back and we'll go from there.
 He didn't dismiss the interferon but said we're basically doing palliative
care here and our goal is to keep him comfortable.  The fluid aspiration seems
to help but it will continue.  All three of these vets are East Indian and
lovely caring men but I hate to admit that when they are giving details of what
is going on I have a bit of a problem with the accents.  He said something
about protein spilling and I couldn't understand the rest.  Of course I am
always kind of overwhelmed with sadness I don't grasp the whole picture.  On an
up side, Bob mentioned on the way home that he doesn't even care about the
money part of this.  He thinks these 3 vets are becoming more educated in the
care of these animals and he doesn't mind at all paying for something that may
benefit another cat in the future.  I guess that's a good thing too.

  Lynne