Well we're home again.  BooBoo had another 75ccs taken out of his lungs today.
Not only did his regular vet come in to see him, a third vet was there.  BooBoo
has become quite the celebrity.  They're now sending a sample for culturing and
cytology to see if there are any cancer cells present.  Nothing is going well
for us.  However, when he got home he ate a big lunch and we put him to bed
with the window open for fresh air and he was purring like crazy.  He's now on
another antibiotic and will continue on the lasix for another week.  Both the
vets kissed him on top of his little head before we left.  This third vet was
very kind, the other two are as well but this one told us lets see what we're
dealing with when the cytology report comes back and we'll go from there.  He
didn't dismiss the interferon but said we're basically doing palliative care
here and our goal is to keep him comfortable.  The fluid aspiration seems to
help but it will continue.  All three of these vets are East Indian and lovely
caring men but I hate to admit that when they are giving details of what is
going on I have a bit of a problem with the accents.  He said something about
protein spilling and I couldn't understand the rest.  Of course I am always
kind of overwhelmed with sadness I don't grasp the whole picture.  On an up
side, Bob mentioned on the way home that he doesn't even care about the money
part of this.  He thinks these 3 vets are becoming more educated in the care of
these animals and he doesn't mind at all paying for something that may benefit
another cat in the future.  I guess that's a good thing too.

Lynne