Caroline

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: Re: more bad newsDate: Wed, 27 Feb
2008 22:10:54 -0500

Well if it isn't FIP, what could it possibly be ?  And if it isn't, and there
is no bacterial infection in the sample sent off is it just another
complication of feline leukemia? What kind of treatment is there for
accumulation of fluid on the lungs other than what we're doing now.  The vet
told me today this is the second case like this he's seen this week.  I
truthfully don't believe these vets would deliberately withhold any kind of
treatment if they thought it would work.  They know that we are prepared to try
just about anything that would possibly be helpful to him.  I don't plan to
give up on the little guy and am still reading up on other treatments but
everything I have read so far says these animals are doomed.  I have yet to
come across any medical information that says they can live a long and healthy
life.  I'm not giving up on the Interferon or Prednisolone.  I also can't be
putting this poor animal through weekly lung aspirations forever.  I can see
complications arising from that as well.

Lynne