  From: Pat Kachur
  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
  Sent: Saturday, March 08, 2008 4:34 PM
  Subject: Re: Herpes virus

  Lynne - I have direct experience with a cat with herpes eye problems.  It was
a long time ago but I adopted a lovely white young cat (not kitten) and shortly
thereafter her eyes looked bad.  After going to regular vet, I was referred to
a kitty ophthamologist who told me Katie would have to have two types of eye
drops 3x per day for 8 weeks.  She also said that flare-ups were less likely as
the cat got older.  After those 8 weeks (which were not fun), Katie's eyes were
fine.  She never had another flare-up and lived to be 16 years old.  My vote is
"go for it."

  Pat