First of all- thank-you for your response. When Foxy went to the vet yesterday
they gave her steroid shot, and antibiotic (shot) and fluid under the skin
(shot) as she was dehydrated. They did a blood test and said her white count
was almost nonwxisent and her red count was at 10- even too low for a
transfusion. So we took her home and cried- and prepared ourselves for the
worst. Today Foxy is doing better ( which is probably due to the shots) but she
is eating and grooming herself and she doesnt have a fever. My husband and I
dont understand and feel confused because Foxy is not breathing heavy which you
would think would be happening because of lack of red blood cells and and lack
of oxygen. Foxy has been very healthy up to this point so I think she has a
strong constitution to draw from-but wonder if her blood count is so low now
that it is too late. We did call the vet back today to let them know that she
was actually looking better and if there was anything else we
 could do and they had us pick up a prescription of prednisone.  i have raised
alot of cats but have never had one with feline leukemia and feel very
overwhelmed but want to do everything possible for  Foxy and to make sure she
is comfortable and not suffering. I hope this information helps clarify her
condition and if you have anymore information or thoughts I would greatly
appreciate it. I will definitley call the vet tomorrow with more questions and
information.

Belinda Sauro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:  This may be too late already but what
does your vet say is causing
the anemia???? If he said it is the FeLV causing it RUN to another
vet!!!! Is she getting doxycycline in case she has hemobartonella,
something positives are prone to get and VERY hard to test for???
Bailey was anemic at one point and it was because the virus had activate
in his bone marrow and was preventing the making of new red blood cells,
he got high doses of prednisolone and epogen and his anemia was reversed.

Send her numbers to the list. How low is low??

--

Belinda
happiness is being owned by cats ...

Be-Mi-Kitties