sending GLOW that buzz tests negative, of course!

sharyl, i have learned never to retest until it's been 120-days, the
generally-considered time for the virus to work itself out of a kitty's body
(tho there used to be a reference in the merck to one cat that stayed
positive on the ifa for seven or eight months before converting--i never
kept the citation, and it hasn't been in the current pages for awhile
now.)--if i do it before that time, it just means i'm gonna retest at the
designated time anyway, just to be sure--and it saves money to wait,
too..... (first time i had to test everyone in the house, after a cat who'd
tested negative on a shelter saliva test--oy, was I young and innocent then
died from complications of FeLV, i did it like at 90 days..... and then
found out it might have been too early..... if my vet hadn't gently
suggested that i not worry, and just wait to see if anyone became syptomatic
and THEN test, i would have repeated it for all the furkids in a month.....
as i've said before, that was 8 years in july, and i'm still waiting for
symptoms to show up.

MC

--

Spay & Neuter Your Neighbors!