  _____

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Lynne
Sent: Saturday, April 26, 2008 7:32 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: my poor snowy

Well I won't be taking Snowy in for spaying this coming week.  I went to
clip her nails tonight and noticed that there was a big lump on her right
paw.  When I touched it she meowed so I got her into the emergency vet.
They told me I did nothing wrong that this had happened to her over a very
long period of time.  Her nail had grown into her skin, along with hair and
they had to put her under and remove it.  It had grown far into her pad and
couldn't be removed easily.  I don't get this.  She had seen 2 vets prior to
our getting her and no one noticed this.  Now the poor little thing has to
be on antibiotics (Clindamycin) and wear one of those horrible hood things
so she won't lick her paw.  She had a piece taken out of it and cauterized.
I am so sorry for what this poor little dear has been through in her short
life.  I just hope all this trauma doesn't cause her herpes virus to
resurface.  The first thing the vet did when we got her there was to squirt
eye wash into her eyes and she got all upset.  I kind of yelled at him for
doing that and asked why.  He said she looks like she has allergies and I
said "she's a persian their eyes tear".  Fortunately there was a very
knowledgeable technician present who seemed to know a lot more than this guy
did.

Lynne