I believe you can look into Procrit.  There is another brand for it but I
cannot remember the name right now.   It is expensive and must be administered
in tiny doses with a syringe sub cutaneously but I had my cat on it years ago
that had FIV and it really brought her back to life.  Ask your vet about this.
The medicine can be purchased for the least expensive price through Costco - at
least, that was true about 3 years ago.  It comes in a 1 ml vial that you
should be able to spread over 6 - 7 days.

I don't think you would have any luck with iron tablets.  B-6 can be given in
an injection for the best results and cannot be overdosed.  That is an
inexpensive solution until the anemia gets so bad you must try something like
the Procrit to keep your kitty feeling well.

The most important thing is asking a really qualified vet who knows a lot about
anemia.
Best wishes,
Charlotte and Muffin
--- Begin Message ---