I'm faced with another horrible decision.  Our 19 year old should be leaving
this world and I just can't deal with this.  He is pretty much deaf, weak,
frail yet eats like a piggy.  But now he is not using his litter box all the
time and is peeing just about everywhere.  We have put litter boxes in every
room, not the nicest thing for people who come over to have to see but I don't
care about that.  Last night he pooped in one and then pooped on the floor.  He
won't sit on our laps anymore.  I've tried so hard to stimulate him by picking
him up, grooming him, talking to him and there is just a blank stare like he
isn't really in that body anymore.  I just can't tell if he enjoys living or
wants it to end.  I wish they were allowed to talk just once in their lives so
we could know for sure.

Lynne