Important to keep him eating his normal amount of food....to avoid liver
failure. I didn't know this when I was pleased with a few bites of chicken.
Please get more info at Feline Assisted Feeding (yahoo group) about this.
They are the experts on eating issues....

From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of souther...@aol.com
Sent: Sunday, December 28, 2008 9:35 AM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] General seems to have a fever

Well, he ate the broth of the canned chicken I had (regular people Tyson
white meat canned chicken) and then he ate 3 or 4 bites of the actual meat.
This
morning he's done the same thing.  No cat food but he'll drink that broth
and
eat some of the meat.  He's much perkier today and as far as I can tell, no
fever (cool ears, cool wet nose, moving around, more social.)

So we're better.  I just wish I knew what I was doing!

Sidney and the General