Amanda,
My FeLV+ kittys:
Buzzy - My first positive, he was adopted in January of '08 at about one year
old. He had tested negative for feline leukemia in November of '07, but tested
positive shortly after he was adopted. From the time I had him he was fed
Wellness. He had been abused when he lived on the streets before my sister in
law found him, and he was a very nervous kitty. I will always believe that if
he had a more laid-back temperment he would have lived longer. Buzz was
diagnosed with anemia in July of '08. He was brought out of it with Doxycycline
and Prednesolone, but it came back in October and and the meds were no longer
working. I lost him the week before Thanksgiving.

Orlando - I adopted him in July of '08 at 10 years old. He had been living in a
barn with about 20 other cats that a woman owned. When she passed away a local
no-kill shelter took him in along with all the others. About half of those cats
tested positive at that time. He lived in the FeLV/FIV room of that sanctuary
from January of '08 until I adopted him. He also eats Wellness mixed with extra
water and Lysine. He gets a Cosequin tablet mixed in his food morning and
evening. He is a very sweet laid-back no stress kind of cat. He once had a
broken leg that did not heal right, so he has a crooked leg. Other then that he
seems to be in excellent health. Maybe too fat. (Definitely too fat.)

Tweezer - A local rescue group was keeping him in a cage when they found out
that I have positive and negative cats mixed and free to roam the house. They
asked me if I would take him, and when I found out he had been living in a cage
for months, I adopted him. He is now approx. 2 1/2" years old. I brought him
home on Sept.17th of '08. He weighed 3 1/2 lbs and felt like a skeleton. He had
an upper resperatory infection, weepy eyes, ear mites, a tapeworm and was so
weak he couldn't climb up one stair. I still can't believe the director of that
group allowed him to be in such horrible shape. Anyway, he was put on Wellness
mixed with water and Lysine and began to gain weight very quickly. He was on
several runs of Doxycycline and other antibiotics and has continued to improve.
Today he weights approx. 8 1/2 lbs. He has one mildly cloudy eye that the vet
says is a cataract due to being malnourished as a kitten. His URI comes back
now and then and gets so bad that he sneezes blood. He is once again on a round
of Doxycycline. The great thing about this cat is his amazing love of life. He
is the happiest little guy I have ever seen. He is so very happy to be out of a
cage and feeling good.

My two positives live with five negative cats who are all vaccinated against
feline leukemia. All are indoor cats. I would like to put my positives on some
kind of immunity boosting/vitamin supplement, but with so many making claims
out there I am unsure what to trust. I know this was long, but I hope it helps.
Sue