From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of Amy Ackerman
Sent: Monday, March 02, 2009 10:09 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] hello- new to the list.

     Thanks for the welcome & kind words, Gary & Laurie.       My vet
believes Grrr has lymphosarcoma, but for the time being the diagnostic
tools recommended to locate the suspected spinal tumor are simply out of
reach financially.  Times are lean for everyone, I know; this was a very
difficult day, deciding courses of treatment for this very cool, loved
cat based on our credit lines.  He's having a rough time getting around.
Grrr is also, as you may be able to gather from his name, not a terribly
good patient.  That may be the understatement of the month.  He is
slightly anemic as well, but his... attitude doesn't make him a terribly
good candidate for, say, daily pills, etc.  He's getting a cortisol shot
to see if it improves his mobility/comfort & an injectable, long term
antibiotic (I need to get the drug name) to counter the immune
suppressive effects of the cortisol.  He eats like a horse, so we're
going to try some of the suggested dietary modifications as well.  Any
one with suggestions for minimally invasive treatments (minimally
invasive by this cat's standards is, say, tossing a tasty tidbit gently
from across the room, careful not to let it land too close), please
share as I continue to dredge through the archives.  My other two are
keenly looking around for Grrr tonight- should be a fun car ride home
tomorrow with all three, plus the mastiff going along to get her rabies
vax.  I'll check back in tomorrow- good night, all, and thanks again for
the support!

be privileged.
received this
transmission from