Hello again all-Just an update-  I took my other two in yesterday morning to be
tested & vaccinated and picked Grrr up at the same time.  He seemed to be doing
OK, and my vet was optimistic that the cortisol would help him be comfortable
for a while.  I brought all three home, got the other two set up in their 30
day kitty condo, and let Grrr out of his carrier.  He almost immediately began
displaying some pretty disturbing neurological issues- his face was so tight &
contorted that for a moment I wondered if they had given me the wrong cat.  I
dragged him back out to the vet & they have been observing him for the last 24
h.  Further tests offer no answers as to the origin of the rapid neurological
changes.  He hasn't improved dramatically, but he seems comfortable & as cheery
as he gets today, so I'm going to get him.  As long as he's comfortable and
happy, we're certainly willing to modify his lifestyle to make things a little
easier on him.  We're just thrilled that he is coming home!Amy