From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of Amy Ackerman
Sent: Monday, March 02, 2009 11:09 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] hello- new to the list.

     Thanks for the welcome & kind words, Gary & Laurie.       My vet
believes Grrr has lymphosarcoma, but for the time being the diagnostic tools
recommended to locate the suspected spinal tumor are simply out of reach
financially.  Times are lean for everyone, I know; this was a very difficult
day, deciding courses of treatment for this very cool, loved cat based on
our credit lines.  He's having a rough time getting around.  Grrr is also,
as you may be able to gather from his name, not a terribly good patient.
That may be the understatement of the month.  He is slightly anemic as well,
but his... attitude doesn't make him a terribly good candidate for, say,
daily pills, etc.  He's getting a cortisol shot to see if it improves his
mobility/comfort & an injectable, long term antibiotic (I need to get the
drug name) to counter the immune suppressive effects of the cortisol.  He
eats like a horse, so we're going to try some of the suggested dietary
modifications as well.  Any one with suggestions for minimally invasive
treatments (minimally invasive by this cat's standards is, say, tossing a
tasty tidbit gently from across the room, careful not to let it land too
close), please share as I continue to dredge through the archives.  My other
two are keenly looking around for Grrr tonight- should be a fun car ride
home tomorrow with all three, plus the mastiff going along to get her rabies
vax.  I'll check back in tomorrow- good night, all, and thanks again for the
support!