echoing kerry's thoughts, and everyone else's prayers--please let us know
what the vet has to say--spaying is usually a simple, straight-forward
procedure, but even when complications do arise, they usually can be
overcome. GLOW for the little one!

MC

On Sat, May 30, 2009 at 11:09 AM, Kerry MacKenzie <kerrm...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Sending prayers for sweet Darcy. The exact same thing happened with my FeLV
> Flavia and she recovered:
> She did so badly after her spay (the boys all did fine; it's the females
> that have it harder), that when i took her to the vet as an emergency I was
> totally distraught thinking she would have to be euthanized (a housecall vet
> who came the night before and gave her fluids had basically washed his hands
> of her in the morning when I called to tell him she was still not eating).
>  My *new* vet showed me how to assist feed her--which made all the
> difference. So important to get those calories inside. I'm sure she gave her
> antibiotics too, maybe even more painkiller but i can't recall. She
> recovered beautifully.
> Please let us know how Darcy does.  Darcy and her mom are in my thoughts.
> hugs, Kerry
>

>  Our sweet baby, Darcy, ten months old and FeLV+ was neutered on Tuesday.
>>  We brought her home Wednesday and she seemed okay, considering she'd just
>> had surgery.
>>
>> Yesterday she was in more pain, but we just figured the pain shot they'd
>> given that was supposed to be good for two days was wearing off.
>>
>> Today is even worse.  I called the vet this AM.  She suggested giving a
>> baby aspirin, which I did before going to work.
>>
>> Tonight, she barely lifts her head and is mewing so pitifully.  She ate
>> some earlier in the day but won't eat tonight.  I called the vet again, and
>> she had me give 1/8 of an antibiotic and we'll bring her in tomorrow morning
>> first thing.  We've had other FeLV kitties neutered with no troubles, but
>> I'm getting scared tonight.
>>
>> I just needed to share this tonight.  Any encouraging words or suggestions
>> are greatly appreciated!
>>
>> Jody (& Darcy)

Spay & Neuter Your Neighbors!
Maybe That'll Make The Difference....