How do you assist feed a cat?

-----Original Message-----
From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of MaryChristine
Sent: Saturday, May 30, 2009 12:35 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Thoughts & Prayers Needed for Darcy

echoing kerry's thoughts, and everyone else's prayers--please let us
know what the vet has to say--spaying is usually a simple,
straight-forward procedure, but even when complications do arise, they
usually can be overcome. GLOW for the little one!

MC

On Sat, May 30, 2009 at 11:09 AM, Kerry MacKenzie
<kerrm...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Sending prayers for sweet Darcy. The exact same thing happened with my

> FeLV Flavia and she recovered:
> She did so badly after her spay (the boys all did fine; it's the
> females that have it harder), that when i took her to the vet as an
> emergency I was totally distraught thinking she would have to be
> euthanized (a housecall vet who came the night before and gave her
> fluids had basically washed his hands of her in the morning when I
called to tell him she was still not eating).
>  My *new* vet showed me how to assist feed her--which made all the
> difference. So important to get those calories inside. I'm sure she
> gave her antibiotics too, maybe even more painkiller but i can't
> recall. She recovered beautifully.
> Please let us know how Darcy does.  Darcy and her mom are in my
thoughts.
> hugs, Kerry
>

>  Our sweet baby, Darcy, ten months old and FeLV+ was neutered on
Tuesday.
>>  We brought her home Wednesday and she seemed okay, considering she'd

>> just had surgery.
>>
>> Yesterday she was in more pain, but we just figured the pain shot
>> they'd given that was supposed to be good for two days was wearing
off.

>> Today is even worse.  I called the vet this AM.  She suggested giving

>> a baby aspirin, which I did before going to work.
>>
>> Tonight, she barely lifts her head and is mewing so pitifully.  She
>> ate some earlier in the day but won't eat tonight.  I called the vet
>> again, and she had me give 1/8 of an antibiotic and we'll bring her
>> in tomorrow morning first thing.  We've had other FeLV kitties
>> neutered with no troubles, but I'm getting scared tonight.
>>
>> I just needed to share this tonight.  Any encouraging words or
>> suggestions are greatly appreciated!
>>
>> Jody (& Darcy)

Spay & Neuter Your Neighbors!
Maybe That'll Make The Difference....

MaryChristine
Special-Needs Coordinator, Purebred Cat Breed Rescue
(www.purebredcats.org) Member, SCAT (Special-Cat Action Team)