Amy, CRF is not the only cause for non-regenerative anemia.  You will read a
lot about CRF and anemia on the Internet because of all the CRF groups.  The
info you are looking for is epogen helps non-regenerative anemia no matter what
caused the anemia.

Again, a HCT of less than 20 is needed for a accurate test result.  In the mean
time you can give Super B Complex, B12 and folic acid supplements to help him.

Sharyl