Both the Royal Princess Kitty Katt and Dixie Louise Doodle Katt, JP left this world on their own. If I ever have the opportunity to let one leave this way I will. I will not let one suffer but I will (try) not to impose my own pian on their bodies. Put yourself in the little one's place and see what you would want. Both my girls hated the vets. My decision and theirs was right for them. Permit them a cool place as well as a warm place. Kitty and Ebony wanted to be cool. I don't know what the explaination is and it really doesn't matter.

Blessings to you for carrying.  You are cared for in return.
On Aug 11, 2009, at 3:15 PM, Christy Buchin wrote:

Lorrie,

I am so sorry for your heart ache. Is there any time for a blood transfusion? When I had asked my family vet about anemia, (my cat was down to a HCT of 9 at one point), he said they become very lethargic and just get tired and weak and eventually pass. I wish you the very best!! I am so sorry!

Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 16:02:50 -0400
From: felineres...@kvinet.com
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: [Felvtalk] Difficult decision

Dear Friends, I have a difficult decision to make, and I hope you
can help....... I have several FelV cats at a shelter I have in
town. Most remain in good health by all appearances, however one 8
year old female has been steadily losing weight, she is now very
anemic; extremely emaciatedm and she stopped eating two days ago. She
will still lick a bit of baby food from my fingers, and she is still
drinking water, but this is all. I know she is probably going to die
soon, but I want her to die in familiar surroundings where she is
loved, rather than having to make a trip to the vet which is always
terrifying for cats. The vets here will not come out to see or
euthanize a sick cat.

This cat does not appear to be in any pain. She has no tumors, nor
neurogical symptoms, but I know she will soon die from the anemia.
I do not believe in extending the life of a cat who has a terminal
illness, therefore I will not put her through transfusions or heroic
measures. If I had a terminal illness I would not wish this for
myself!

What I'm asking is this........ I'm sure some of you have had anemic
FelV cats and I want to know if dying from anemia is painful. If so
I will have her put to sleep. Even though I know the trip to the vet
will be frightening for her....... I do not want her to suffer.

Thank you for your help,

Lorrie

Marylyn, Copper & Thomas