Lorrie,
I'm so sorry she has reached this stage.  Of the three positives I've lost this
yr. one was from anemia.  CJ was in distress that last day and I did take him
to the vet to have him PTS.  Each kitty is unique so don't know if my
experience is relevant to your situation.

I'm in the process of losing Mattie now.  She has lesions on her spine and has
lost the use of her back legs.  The paralysis is spreading and she is now not
able to have a bowel movement.  I know I'll have to make the trip to the vet in
the next day or two and dread it.  She isn't in pain which actually makes it
harder to make that final trip.
Sending hugs your way.
Sharyl