I BELIEVE WHEN THE TIME TO GO IS HERE,one goes. I won't kill any cat. If she
isn't in pain let her go when her time is here,and being with you couldn't be
better. I've been through it........Cathy

--- On Tue, 8/11/09, Cougar Clan <maima...@duo-county.com> wrote:

From: Cougar Clan <maima...@duo-county.com>
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Difficult decision
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Date: Tuesday, August 11, 2009, 5:46 PM

Both the Royal Princess Kitty Katt and Dixie Louise Doodle Katt, JP left this
world on their own.  If I ever have the opportunity to let one leave this way I
will.  I will not let one suffer but I will (try) not to impose my own pian on
their bodies.  Put yourself in the little one's place and see what you would
want.  Both my girls hated the vets.  My decision and theirs was right for
them.  Permit them a cool place as well as a warm place.  Kitty and Ebony
wanted to be cool.  I don't know what the explaination is and it really doesn't
matter.

Blessings to you for carrying.  You are cared for in return.
On Aug 11, 2009, at 3:15 PM, Christy Buchin wrote:

> Lorrie,
>
> I am so sorry for your heart ache.  Is there any time for a blood
> transfusion?  When I had asked my family vet about anemia, (my cat was down
> to a HCT of 9 at one point), he said they become very lethargic and just get
> tired and weak and eventually pass.  I wish you the very best!!  I am so
> sorry!
>
>> Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 16:02:50 -0400
>> From: felineres...@kvinet.com
>> To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
>> Subject: [Felvtalk] Difficult decision
>>
>> Dear Friends, I have a difficult decision to make, and I hope you
>> can help....... I have several FelV cats at a shelter I have in
>> town. Most remain in good health by all appearances, however one 8
>> year old female has been steadily losing weight, she is now very
>> anemic; extremely emaciatedm and she stopped eating two days ago. She
>> will still lick a bit of baby food from my fingers, and she is still
>> drinking water, but this is all. I know she is probably going to die
>> soon, but I want her to die in familiar surroundings where she is
>> loved, rather than having to make a trip to the vet which is always
>> terrifying for cats. The vets here will not come out to see or
>> euthanize a sick cat.
>>
>> This cat does not appear to be in any pain. She has no tumors, nor
>> neurogical symptoms, but I know she will soon die from the anemia.
>> I do not believe in extending the life of a cat who has a terminal
>> illness, therefore I will not put her through transfusions or heroic
>> measures. If I had a terminal illness I would not wish this for
>> myself!
>>
>> What I'm asking is this........ I'm sure some of you have had anemic
>> FelV cats and I want to know if dying from anemia is painful. If so
>> I will have her put to sleep. Even though I know the trip to the vet
>> will be frightening for her....... I do not want her to suffer.
>>
>> Thank you for your help,
>>
>> Lorrie

Marylyn, Copper & Thomas