HI, IS IMULAN USED WHEN THE CATS AREN'T DOING WELL????? I HAVE A COULPLE WITH
FELV ,BUT THEY ARE PERFECTLY HEALTHY. SHOULD I BE GIVING THEM SOMETHING
NOW.?????tHANKS
--- On Sat, 8/29/09, Embarq Customer <dag...@embarqmail.com> wrote:

From: Embarq Customer <dag...@embarqmail.com>
Subject: [Felvtalk] Imulan
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Date: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 2:25 PM

I've been a member here for quite a while, but hardly ever respond with
comments. However, thanks to the good people on this list & your discussions
about Imulan, our little Jake, three-legged & an absolutely wonderful cat, is
now on Imulan injections to try to forestall his non-regenerative anemia. I had
printed off some of your information to give to our vet, who is ordinarily very
progressive and well-informed, & he said he'd never heard of Imulan, but was
very interested. So he called Prolab, who is the manufacturer of it, who was
happy to send him 13 pages of very persuasive information. He was truly
impressed with what he read, & of course, ordered it for us. He says that he
can't wait to retest Jake's blood about a week after his second injection,
because he is so excited about the implications. Imulan is truly Jake's only
chance. After only one day, Jake is more alert, & already his appetite has
picked up some, so we are hopeful. And not only
 for Jake, but for all of our other fur babies. We have a small sanctuary here,
Haven Hill, where all the 25 resident cats are FeLV+, but fortunately, none of
the others are symptomatic at this time. The Imulan is $78/injection, & that's
in TN, in case anyone is interested. Expensive, yes, but perhaps we will only
need to have one cat on it at a time.

The one thing that threw our vet, as well as us, is just WHY isn't information
about Imulan being more widely circulated? It should be in all the vet journals
& publications! Also, there should be a faster means to get this drug into the
hands of the vets. We had it over-nighted from MO, and it took two days --
which is a lot of time, when our little ones are waiting for it! Their regular
delivery to us would have taken from Wed. until Mon. -- just WAY too much time!
At any rate, we are grateful to have it, & are praying for a turn-around for
Jake. We also have him on Transfer Factor. Again, I want to thank all of you on
this list for all the valuable information you pass on to all of us. Being a
member of this group has offered me an amazing education about FeLV that I
probably wouldn't have gotten otherwise. So, thank you. And God bless all of
you & your little ones. I will keep you posted as to Jake's progress.

Diane

Owner/Haven Hill, in the lovely mountains of Virginia, near the TN line