Tanya,

I hope Maggie feels better really soon. I'm guessing that
you're giving her low-dose interferon alpha? If that's the
case, there doesn't *seem* to be a great possibility for
side effects. When I started Ember on it, my vet told me
that she might get nauseous, but that a reaction like that
was rare. He said we'd have to re-evaluate our options
if that happened. Thankfully, it didn't. I hope that
someone else on the list can give you a better idea. Maggie
will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Lance

On Sun, 15 Nov 2009 13:04 -0800, "TANYA NOE" <sashacatgodd...@yahoo.com>
wrote:
>      Hello all, my Maggie now 1 year 5 months old has been Felv+ since
>      birth. She is the kitten we adopted after testing her for everything
>      under the sun to protect our 13 year old Sasha. She later became
>      symptomatic (gingivitis, vomiting, diarrhea, swollen lymph nodes)
>      and was retested and was positive. Anyway we kept her and her
>      symptoms resolved except for the swollen lymph nodes. She has also
>      tested positive on the IFA.
>      Early spring she had an episode where she began hiding for a couple
>      days, quit eating, and then began abdominal breathing. Turned out
>      the pleural sacs around her lungs were full of fluid. She was given
>      lasix and in a day was herself. Since then she has been a relatively
>      healthy, happy kitty.
>      3 weeks ago I took her and her sister in for vaccines, exams, and
>      blood work. They had a hard time getting blood from her (couldn't
>      hit the vein) and she got quite stressed. The blood work was perfect
>      and she seemed fine after we got home. We started her on Interferon
>      a week ago. Now suddenly the last week she has been sleeping all the
>      time under blankets (she doesn't like being covered up), not eating
>      much (very odd for her as she is a food hound and will eat
>      constantly if you let her), and not drinking much (she usually
>      drinks and bathes in the pet fountain several times a day). Her temp
>      is normal. Thursday we noticed she now is holding up her left front
>      paw. She walks on it and the limp is mild.
>      Any ideas? Has anyone seen any sides effects with interferon? Would
>      it make her feel bad? I'm hesitant to run her to the Dr's. and
>      create further stress but am really worried about her. These guys go
>      downhill so fast sometimes I don't want to wait either. Any advice
>      would be appreciated.
> Thanks,
> Tanya

  Lance Linimon