Hello Tanya,
I can't blaim you for being nervous about odd behavior in a felv cat.
Interferon can cause side effects in humans that can actually lead to
cessation of treatment, they can include gastrointestinal disturbances,
depression, sleep disturbances, irritability, and flu like symptoms.  These
are usually more mild in cats.  Interferon is sometimes given three days on
and three days off which can help with these side effects.

The felv cat that I treatment with interferon has very mild change in
appetite and energy on the days she gets the medication.

With the limp, I would be concerned about infection.  Inspect the paw to see
if there are any swollen areas, red areas, hot areas or extremely sensitive
areas.  If so there is likely are infection.  Usually these are fairly easly
to treat with irrigation of the area and then antibiotics.  Would need to
see the vet for irrigation.

Good luck,

Jenny