No transfusions, hmmm, makes me wonder which two emails my mind was
combining.  I had heard the LTCI was somewhere between $60 and $100 a shot
and I think an initial series is around 10 shots.  There is a lady on the
FIP list who has been treating 15 cats, wish I had that kind of money.

I was sure you'd have to stop the pred to use LTCI, I'm not 100% sure for
Acemannan as I don't have the package insert any more, but I think you
might.  Acemannan comes in a box of 4 10mg vials (actually 8, 4 powder and 4
sterile water for mixing) and doses at 1 mg per KG once a week for 6 weeks.
I was told a box would be about $175, my vet is giving me mine for $125 (I
think that might be his cost) to try something they haven't tried before.  I
am fortunate that my vets are pretty much willing to try anything I bring
them and are willing to learn about new or little known treatments or tests.

Acemannan is made by VPL (Veterinary Products Laboratories) and their site
is www.vpl.com if you check the tech support page you will see the contact
info for Dr, Greg Biehle who is the technical assistance person for
Acemannan Immunostimulant.  He is a very nice guy who is willing to speak
with anyone (not just vets) who is seriously interested in trying Acemannan.
If he isn't at the clinic when you call or is busy, he will call you back.

I can understand your reluctance to change things now while Wolfie is
stable, but I am sure you are aware that at some point his condition will
start to go downhill and a change will be needed.  I hope he is able to
maintain for a long time.

Gary