If you can find a vet to do it, I'd try the vitamin C therapy in a New York Minute. I've never used Acemannan, but have read a lot about it and it sounds good too. When I checked into it a few years ago, it was hard for me to get. Course you'd have to find a competent vet willing to do that too.

Good luck!

Gloria