Hi Julie.....I hope you're feeling a little more upbeat this morning after the
good advice from the list yesterday. We can certainly relate to your anxiety.

We adopted a brother and sister at 12 weeks, and after overcoming some
socialization issues, we took them to be spayed/neutered at 6 months.  In the
pre-op bloodwork, it was discovered they were both FeLV positive.  We were
heartbroken, but came to this list for the advice you have received on good
food, as little stress as possible,and to be on guard for the first signs of
infection or abnormal health.  The only time we have kept them apart has been
immediately after their spay/neuter procedures for about 8 hours.  They groom
each other, tussle, and are together generally 24-7...of course, they are both
positive, so this has colored our choice in that regard.  However, you'll find
plenty of others on the list who firmly believe they can be together with
negative cats with no bad result.

We have been giving each of our cats periodic injections of  LTCI.  Some on the
list have used this with good results, others not so much.  In consultation
with our vet, and since our cats are asymptomatic, we feel it is having some
positive effect on boosting their immune systems to keep them healthy.  Perhaps
they would be this healthy without it...we just don't know.  They are now 15
months old and are both doing fine.  We feed them a combination of Wellness
dry, wet, and Radcat raw.

Despite all the bad press out there, people here will reassure you that this
diagnosis is not necessarily a death sentence.   Check back with the list
often.  Many people have used various methods to keep their little ones
healthy, and they are happy to share without thinking their method is the "one
and only".  We're all looking for the same answers.

Enjoy them, give them lots of love and attention and try to relax.  If you have
not established a good relationship with a vet who can support you, it's a good
time to seek out that relationship.

Very best wishes to you,

Sara