There is a disease that pregnant women can get from the litter box cleaning... It is very rare and I think you have to stick your fingers in your mouth after
handling litter in order to get it...
I don't think it has anything to do with FeLV....
It can cause brain damage to the fetus if you should get it and that is why
some doctors make such a big deal about it.... But if you wash your hands
after cleaning litter box or wear gloves or even better get daddy to do litter
duty than it is almost impossible that you will get it....
Tad

Julie Dalesio Gladnick wrote:

Hi Tad-

Thank you so much for your supportive words.  I am so sorry to hear about
your girl kitty, but it certainly does bring some perspective and reality.
I think I will take your advice and let them be together at least until the
second test; they are so much happier.  I guess my hesitancy is that I don't
think I could deal if they both were positive.  Then again, I never imagined
dealing with either of them facing this.  Do anyone have any info on
pregnant woman or babies and FeLV cats?  I've obviously read that they
should not be together, but does anyone have actual experience?  I've been
finding that a lot of info online tends to be pretty negative.

Thanks again, I feel truly grateful.