my suggestion is CERTAINLY to check for hemobartenellosis--why it
wasn't done initially, i have no idea. not knowing the kind of anemia
either, makes it difficult.

the vet involved claimed that they were having trouble finding any
blood, and they wouldn't be able to call til after 5PM.  i'd thought
that the vast majority of cats in the US were one type, just wasn't
sure which.

perhaps the vet just presumed she'd want the cat euthed, so once he
got preliminary results, he didn't keep looking.

you think that doxy is not too hard on the system of a kitty  with
such a low hematocrit?

the good thing is that the cat's mom is NOT going to do extraordinary
care to make herself feel better.

MC
--
Spay & Neuter Your Neighbors!