I really like the way your vet thinks and wish more had the same protocols.
Unfortunately mine doesn't so I direct him as to my wishes for my pets when
they have ANYTHING done in the office now so I control what is done to them.
Knowledge really is power and I just wish there weren't so many that blindly
trust their doctors, veterniarians and the general 'powers that be' in our
society without educating themselves first. I had to learn this lesson the hard
way after my cats got sick. They were vaccinated and spayed/neutered the same
day when their immune system was now in hindsight being compromised by an
active coronavirus mutation and the weakness allowed it to further develop into
FIP. One had wet (Gus, who died at 9 months) and one had dry (Scout who died at
8 months). Neither of these cats had FeLV and only received distemper and
rabies vaccines and were 100% healthy prior to their surgeries/vaccinations.
That's enough about that, I just hope people can benefit from my terrible
experience.

Michelle Brockman
"It is when we forget ourselves that we do the things which will be remembered"