From: Bonnie Hogue <ho...@sonic.net>
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] how to make Whimsy an inside only?
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Date: Wednesday, October 20, 2010, 11:38 AM

My experience:
Started Stormy at 12 weeks as being "indoor only."  She will occasionally sneak
out, only to go directly under the deck.  Some adventure!  After 15 min. she's
ready to come in.  She's 14 yrs. old now.

Will, likewise, found as tiny kitten, bottle fed, indoor only.  He's never
offered to sneak out.

Miya Chan, once feral, had a litter of kittens at the creek and was the last
one caught.  She got out once but when I called her in at 3 a.m. she came
home.  I think she was just very frightened and hiding.  Never offers to rush
the door.

Right now I'm working with Lucky, my mom's formerly feral cat.  He is having
some difficulties adjusting.  The Feliway spray helps, but is very expensive.
Lately I notice he's peeing on the bed (yuk).  We're going to the vet today to
rule out a urinary tract infection.  I hope it is not behavioral, because then
I'm stumped.  Not wealthy and can't let the cat ruin what furniture I do have.

I think the cold turkey thing is the way.  In my experience, time and attention
tame them.
~Bonnie
----- Original Message ----- From: "Beth" <create_me_...@yahoo.com>