From: dlg...@windstream.net <dlg...@windstream.net>
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Finding homes for cats upon death
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Date: Tuesday, December 21, 2010, 7:17 PM

HELLO LAURIE,
THAT HAS BEEN ON MY MIND FOR A LONG TIME NOW AND I HAVE FOUND A RESCUE IN IOWA,
CAN'T REMEMBER THE NAME NOW, BUT CAN DIG OUT THE INFORMATION IF YOU WANT IT.
HAVE CHECKED THEM OUT AND THEY SEEM RIGHT FOR MY BABIES WHO ARE SPOILED, HAVE
THE RUN OF THE HOUSE.  I KNOW I WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO FIND ANYONE WILLING TO
TAKE ON 7 CATS WHOSE AGES RUN FROM 12 TO 1 YEAR.  MY VET BILLS THIS LAST YEAR
HAVE BEEN RATHER HIGH, BUT I WILL NOT LET THEM SUFFER BECAUSE OF MONEY.  JUST
HAVE TO TIGHTEN THE BELT AND EAT LESS. THEY HAVE AN OLD FARMHOUSE FULLY
FURNISHED AND THE CATS EACH HAVE THEIR OWN CHAIR, COUCH, BED AND A SCREENED IN
PORCH TO OBSERVE THE OUTDOORS.  THE NAME IS SOMETHING LIKE CEDAR HOLLOW OR
CREEK.  SOME OF THE OTHERS KNOW ABOUT THEM ALSO.  I THINK THEY WERE BUILDING
ANOTHER HOUSE FOR THE CATS AND SOMEONE LIVES ON THE PREMISIS TO TAKE CARE OF
THEM.  I HAVE ALREADY TOLD MY PEOPLE THEY WILL HAVE TO DRIVE THEM THERE, ABOUT
5 HOURS DRIVE.  THEY HAVE
 AGREED.  THEY CANNOT TAKE CARE OF THEM AS MARY HAD A STROKE AT AGE 49 THIS
YEAR AND WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO DEAL WITH ALL THE LITTER BOXES AND FOOD BOWLS.  I
DON'T KNOW ANYONE WHO WOULD BE WILLING TO TAKE THEM ON AND IT IS A BIT MUCH TO
DUMP 7 CATS ON SOMEONE.  MY ONLY OTHER ALTERNATIVE IS TO LIVE TO 100 AND THEN
WE COULD ALL GO AT THE SAME TIME.  COURSE, BY THEN I WOULD HAVE TAKEN IN NEW
CATS.  CANNOT SAY NO TO STRAYS, DOGS OR CATS.