The rubbermaid is more expensive but I have a couple that have held up for 5-6 years while the cheaper ones lasted a year or two.
On Feb 27, 2011, at 10:57 PM, dana giordano wrote:

http://www.neighborhoodcats.org/HOW_TO_FERAL_CAT_WINTER_SHELTER-
<http://www.neighborhoodcats.org/HOW_TO_FERAL_CAT_WINTER_SHELTER>

The above pretty much compliles all of the affordable ways to make or buy
cat shelters. I've heard feral villa is very good.

And btw - if you are making your own, your SPCA should have straw for free and your home depot/ lowes will probably give you hard foam insulation for
free if it's damanged and most of the stock people will find you one.

They also may sponsor it - you have to write a proposal to the manager and
give them a week or two to respond. Ask at the desk.

Also, don't get a clear bin, they are hard to cut, they crack - others are easier. Find one that's easy to cut. It may take a little experimenting. :)

Hope that helps!
Dana

<http://www.neighborhoodcats.org/HOW_TO_FERAL_CAT_WINTER_SHELTER>