From: Kelley Saveika <moonv...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] PETA
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Date: Saturday, February 26, 2011, 4:51 PM

I don't think they like flies more than cats, I think they consider all life
equal - "a rat is a pig is a dog is a boy" so a rat's life, a pig's life,
and a boy's life are all equal in their minds.

Anyway, the point I was trying to make is that PETA made this video.  PETA
is (from how I follow, or attempt to follow, their thinking) against
sanctuaries.  I no longer trust video tape.  I have worked some as an extra
in the television industry and you can put ABSOLUTELY anything in front of a
green screen and make it look real.  I had a friend who had a friend who
worked on animal cops and the friend swears it is all staged - or maybe
"mostly" staged  - that there may be some issues but nothing like what is
shown.  I don't trust anything  I haven't seen with my OWN eyes and I
certainly am NOT going to trust a PETA video about ANYTHING.

On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 7:33 AM, Lorrie <felineres...@kvinet.com> wrote:

> Kelley,  Thanks for reminding us about PETA. I used to give them
> donations, but when I found out what they did to cats I never gave
> them another cent, and I've tried to spread the word about all the
> cats they kill.  I suppose they do some good in other areas, but cats
> certainly get the worst treatment imaginable, and I also agree they
> are nutty as fruit cakes when it comes to flies...... I read about
> the humane fly trap they sent Pres. Obama....... How can they
> consider the lives of flies more valuable than the lives of cats!!
>
> Lorrie
>
> > On 02-25, Kelley Saveika wrote:  As far as the original article
> > goes, it was an article by PETA, which I > trust about as far as I
> > can kick a plastic grocery bag (not far, have you > ever tried it)?
> > PETA operates a "shelter" with a 97% kill rate and had employees caught
> > disposing of animal carcasses in dumpsters after having gone to
> > other shelters and gotten the animals out and promised to find them
> homes.
> > They  were not charged with cruelty but were fined for illegal dumping or
> > something of that nature.
> >
> > Ingrid Newkirk has advocated killing animals as a means to not having to
> > worry about them.
> >
> > PETA believes we should not have house pets and should just enjoy
> > looking at animals from a distance.
> >
> > They gave President Obama a humane fly trap since they saw him kill
> > a fly on TV.
> >
> > I think they are nutty as fruit cakes.

http://www.rescuties.org

http://www.zazzle.com/rescuties*

http://www.magfundraising.com/rescuties

Please help Trooper!

http://rescuties.chipin.com/trooper

"And it is the most divisive incivility to tell true animal lovers they
can’t complain about it, that they can’t fight for the animals, that they
should sit down and shut up and allow the killing to continue."

- Nathan Winograd