My reply to this got bounced because it was too big a file but I want to say it
again just in case it doesn't get posted to the list.  I think it's important
for foster parents to know that one combo test cannot be trusted.  I have had
every cat or kitten that came into my house combo tested before I ever exposed
them to the rest of the cats.  From the first cat I ever took in to the very
last.  They all showed negative for FeLV before I took them.  Even the kitty
that died was negative on her first combo test that was done almost two years
ago.  It's kind of scary to know that.  You could take in a FeLV positive kitty
that tested negative on her first test and not even know it.

We have that statement in our adoption contract that not all diseases will show
at the time of the first test so we cannot 100% guarantee the health of each
cat.  But it's so easy to assume that if they tested negative once then it's
true.  I learned my lesson.