Good for you. Mine r healthy too. If it an broke ,don't fix it. It the cat
tests neg. why wait for it to be positive? regards, CAthy

--- On Mon, 3/14/11, Natalie <at...@optonline.net> wrote:

From: Natalie <at...@optonline.net>
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] How long can FeLV stay dormant?
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Date: Monday, March 14, 2011, 10:02 PM

Ideally, when a cat is tested for anything, FIV/FeLV, it should be isolated
for three months and retested.  However, rescue groups cannot do it because
of space limitations, especially isolation areas.
When a cat tests negative, it doesn't necessarily mean that it's true - the
cat may just have been exposed to it, and it would show up 3 months
later....
I've never had a FIV cat living with healthy ones, nor can I do it as a
rescue organization.  However, we had one cat that tested negative for
FIV/FeLV, and many years later, started being ill....my vet asked for some
blood test at the lab, but they mistakenly tested for FIV - it turned out
that she was positive.  No one living with her ever became sick, to this
day.  She died about two years later at age 14/15.  However, FIV is not as
serious as FeLV, which seems increasingly more mysterious to me after having
been reading all the posts about FeLV+ cats living with healthy ones. The
two FeLV+ cats we have, are very healthy, exhibit absolutely no signs of any
symptoms. I'm not sure what exactly it means when someone says that a FeLV
cat with no symptoms could be a carrier; it can't be that the cat is
perfectly healthy and can't mean that at some point, will not become
symptomatic, does it?  I do everything I can to keep them very healthy with
supplements, good food, TLC, etc.