Alice our hearts are breaking with yours.  You did absolutely everything you
could do for her, but knowing that doesn't ease your pain in this moment.

We'll light a candle tonight for this very special and very loved girl.  Sara

------Original Mail------
From: "Alice Flowers" <aliceflow...@sbcglobal.net>
To: "felvtalk@felineleukemia.org" <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Sent: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 20:09:25 -0700 PDT
Subject: [Felvtalk] Please add Rosie to CLS

Rosie passed last night, I could not bear to watch her wasting away. The
Lymphoma had
beat her. We had her on Pred and Leukeran-which shrank the mass near her throat
the
first week, then it came back with a vengeance the next week. We increased it
every
other day on the Leukeran to no avail. She was also on Lasix, Lysine, iron, b
vitamins,
Interferon. She always came into the kitchen and waited for me to give her the
meds,
but the last few days she began to clamp her jaw, like enough. She was being
syringe fed,
she couldn't eat-the mass in her neck got so large and hard. Her eyes became
empty and
she just wanted to hide, she was miserable. When I came home from work last
night, I
knew it was time. Thank you to the wonderful vets and staff at Sacramento Cat
Hospital
for staying late so we could help Rosie join her man, Murphy at the bridge-he
passed in
October from Lymphoma and anemia. Rosie is our 6th and last FeLV kitty-her 4
brothers
passed in their first year from anemia, despite all our efforts. I have never
felt so defeated
and empty in my life. I did not have a clue about FeLV when we rescued the
feral
babies.
It has been a long and sad 2 years, Rosie and Murphy each just made it to 2 1/2
yrs old.
Bless all of you fighting this battle-it is a long, and difficult journey, but
these babies deserve
all the love in the world. Alice with Miso and Sachi-the 2 negatives we adopted
when Rosie
got so depressed when she was left alone after Murphy passed.