Kudos to you Natalie! I will write a letter as well. Would you happen to have the email address or physical address? We are their voice and let our voices be heard. All of us should get our two cents in.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Natalie" <at...@optonline.net>
To: <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Sent: Saturday, April 16, 2011 12:58 PM
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Please add Rosie to CLS

Part of it is understandable if you consider the extremely high cost of
veterinarians - and most people are not aware of low-cost certificates, and
the worst is that so few vets participate in those programs. I found out
that in our area, a spay can be as much as $500 for a female cat - who, but the very rich (and they don't even want to part with their money) can afford
this?  When we were spaying and neutering cats that we trapped in Mexico,
the vet charged us (his regular price) $55!!!!! Of course, for locals, even
that is a terrifically high cost, that's why we paid for them.  People are
to blame for these horrible consequences - nobody should be homeless, not
even animals. There was a show last Sunday morning on CBS with Charles
Osgood - about animals, how many dogs and cat owners there are in the USA,
how popular they are and how well they are cared for, pampered, doted on, to
extremes....NOT a single word about cats and dogs languishing in
kill-shelters, in back alleys scrounging for survival, tortured and abused,
dying from preventable diseases, hunger, and extreme weather....I've been
too busy to write them a letter, although I still plan to.  The story made
it seem like all's well with cats and dogs!  Natalie