From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of MaiMaiPG
Sent: Wednesday, July 06, 2011 6:05 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Dexter

It is natural for a body to release fluids and solids as the soul
leaves it.  This is true with animals and with people.  It is not a
sign of pain.  It is a sign of muscle relaxation.  This is one reason
a vet may wrap a body in plastic.  I never, ever, never have or will
leave a friend to leave this world without me holding him/her and this
happens.  It also happens in natural deaths.  Don't ask about releases
when a person commits suicide or even is murdered.  It can be awful if
a family member discovers the body.  This, again, is not a sign of
pain.........
On Jul 6, 2011, at 4:25 PM, Ben Williams wrote:

> Thanks so much, everyone.  It's been a really hard day for us and I'm
> haunted by seeing Dexter this morning struggling so hard to live.
> You've
> all been so wonderful and your kind comments have really helped
> today - if
> anything, we are realizing even more now just how much we love that
> little
> boy.  He was so special to us.
>
>  If I may, I have a question regarding Euthanasia for those of you
> who have
> been through this before - for those of you who are squeamish,
> please just
> skip this one:
>
> Dexter passed peacefully when Dr. Cantrell administered the
> euthanasia this
> morning.  He let out a small sigh when the initial sedative was
> injected and
> silently slipped away when the final injection was made.  A few
> minutes
> later, as we were still petting him, a fair amount of yellow, clear
> liquid
> came out of his mouth and nose.  I assume this was fluid that had
> started to
> collect in his lungs, perhaps part of the jaundice from his liver?
> I don't
> know - I just can't stand the idea that he was in severe pain for a
> while
> there and that, perhaps, we put him through it.  He had a chest X-
> ray on
> sunday night and no fluid was visible.  Or, maybe it was missed.
> Sorry for
> the awkward question.
>
> On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 12:46 PM, Lynda Wilson <longhornf...@verizon.net
> >wrote:
>
>> My heart is breaking after reading your story!  I'm truly sorry
>> Dexter is
>> gone, but he will live within your heart now.
>>
>> You did so much for him and he fought the battle as much as he could.
>>
>> My thoughts are with you at this difficult time.
>>
>> Lynda
>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Ben Williams" <drsiebl...@gmail.com

>>> night.  After picking Dex up from the Emergency clinic yesterday
>>> morning,

eleukemia.org